ROM strategy for serving our clients during the COVID-19 Corona Virus pandemic.
In light of the current COVID 19 Corona Virus outbreak and following the presidential directives and the Ministry of Health (MOH) guidelines Reach Out Mbuya Parish HIV/AIDS Initiative has developed and implemented this strategy as we closely monitor the updates around the outbreak. We want to ensure we are taking all the precautionary measures to avoid any risks to protect our clients from contracting the disease or exposing them to the disease.
At ROM we believe our client-centric approach motivates clients who benefit from the services we offer. During this pandemic;
- Our clinics Reach Out Mbuya, Kinawataka, and Banda are operational on particular days as communicated to the clients.
- Our clients are free to visit the clinics on these days for medical attention and drug refills. Where appropriate, drugs have been delivered for stable clients at points closer to them.
- We have put in place strict measures to avoid congestion at the clinics, with the provision of handwashing facilities and personal protective equipment as recommended by the MOH. Staff and clients are screened for COVID-19 at the entry to the facilities, and suspect cases will be referred to designated health facilities as guided by MOH.
- We have reached out to 90% of our stable clients to ensure they have a three months’ supply of medication and are following up critically on the 10% to ensure they receive their medication too.
- ROM will continue managing the usual conditions of our clients, in case of any symptoms of corona virus-like (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and other flu-like symptoms like running nose, sneezing and body weakness) contact: toll-free lines on 0800-203-033 and 0800-100-066 or Mr. Atek Kagirita 0782 909 153, Dr. Allan Muruta- 0772 460 297 as guided by the Ministry of Health.
To receive our services during this time, our clients should contact; +256 312 165 250, +256 414 222 630 Toll-free line; 0800200044
Reach Out Mbuya Parish HIV/AIDS Initiative
Reach Out Mbuya (ROM) is a Faith-based Non -Governmental Organization that was started to stop the further spread of HIV/AIDS in our communities by providing associated services to needy members of our community. Since 2001, ROM has served over 10,000 clients with comprehensive HIV/AIDS services. Additionally, we provide geriatric care for grandmothers and household-based socio-economic empowerment and other forms of child support services to Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) in Kampala, Wakiso, Luweero and Nakaseke districts.