2nd October 2019
About Reach Out Mbuya HIV Initiative
Reach Out Mbuya (ROM) is a Faith-Based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), founded in 2001 to provide HIV/AIDS care to the urban poor living with HIV/AIDS. ROM aims to curb the further spread of HIV among the less privileged members of the community it serves and enable those already living with HIV/AIDS to live a responsible and dignified life. Offering a unique model of care, ROM holistically focuses on the body, mind, family, and community wellbeing.
The statements herein are a description of the general nature and level of work being performed or to be performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Job Title: Office Messenger
Duty Station: ROM Head Office Mbuya
Reports to: Administrative Assistant-Mbuya
Duration: 1-year renewable contract with 3-month initial probation
Engagement type: Full time
Ensure safe delivery of messages, documents or other materials
- Efficient office messenger services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and deliver mails, samples, documents or items as instructed.
- Ensure safety of items under charge
- Monitor condition of M/C and promptly report the condition to superiors
- Maintain a record of movements for the M/C(s) assigned.
- Support in Loading/offloading vehicles taking precautions.
- Plan and follow the most efficient Routes for delivering goods.
- Perform general office or clerical work such as filing, and running errands for all sections & departments where necessary.
- Ensure maximum security of M/C and its accessories when under his/her charge
- Carry out minor repairs and adjustments on the M/C, and maintain their cleanliness.
- Report any accident incidents the vehicle gets involved into to supervisor and police as required
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of Reach Out Mbuya as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the organization.
- Any other duty assigned by the Immediate supervisor
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS: Office Messenger
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Uganda Certificate of Education
Minimum Experience and Exposure: One year in a similar position
Riding and Driving permit for light and commercial vehicles.
- Good communication skill,
- Knowledge of office procedures and professional protocol and sensitivity
- Approachable, Responsible, Honest, Organized, Ability to maintain confidentiality of material and information
How to Apply:
• Send a cover letter and CV/resume with 2 professional referees to Reach Out Mbuya Office near Our Lady Of Africa Mbuya Catholic Church not later than 5.00 p.m. 15th October 2019