25th January 2021
About Reach Out Mbuya Community Health Initiative
Reach Out Mbuya (ROM) is a Faith-Based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), founded in 2001 to provide HIV/AIDS care to the urban poor living with HIV/AIDS through a holistic approach that takes care of the whole person, including the needs of the body, mind, family and community. ROM health care programs include HIV Care Continuum Management, maternal and child health care, OVC case management and Non-communicable diseases management. In addition, community economic empowerment, Gender-Based Violence prevention plus learning and development through cutting-edge research to support the holistic model of intervention.
- Job Title: Research Officer (1)
Duty Station: ROM Head Office Mbuya
Reports to: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Duration: 1-year renewable contract with 3-month initial probation
Engagement type: Full time
Start Date: Not later than 1st March 2021.
Reach Out Mbuya has been at the forefront of mitigating the spread of HIV/AIDS plus taking care of the HIV/AIDS infected and affected for 20 years. We wish to utilize the significant data and learning outcomes we have attained over the years to commission studies in conjunction with our partners that can further support the development of our interventions.
The role supports the initiation of studies about the projects executed by offering validated analytics for further development of work done.
- Review data of managed conditions and other interventions at ROM in comparison with external interventions and trends to identify potential research goals that can result in enhanced management of these conditions and programming.
- Strengthen program delivery strategies, development plus Monitoring and Evaluation by initiating value-adding studies.
- Designing and implementing basic, operational, translational, and implementation science research.
- Support the designing of project proposals by development of logical frameworks, M &E work plans and budgets ensuring the realization of both the ROM Mission and the project desired outcomes.
- Conduct periodic field visits to obtain project updates plus tracking compliance to various standards such as environmental, legislation, legal contracts, ethics, etc.
- Develop monthly, quarterly progress reports and annual program and research reports according to internal and external standards and requirements for organizational, donors and partners.
- Establish and maintain networks and partnerships through attending meetings, CSO, CBO, NGO coordination meetings, seminars/conferences and other relevant engagement opportunities.
- Carry out research using appropriate methodology and techniques through analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ensure the vision, mission and values of ROM take precedence in all research activities plus the health, safety, and security in every research area of operation.
- Any other duty assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Maturity and of upright character
- Minimum Bachelors e.g. Statistics or a graduate degree in a related field with relevant analytical qualifications.
- At least 3 years’ experience in social research and report writing.
- Proven quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Organized, proactive and self-driven.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
How to Apply:
• Send a cover letter and CV/resume with 3 professional referees as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5.00 p.m. Friday, 5th February 2021.
• Include job title in the email subject line.
• Both cover letter and CV/Resume must not exceed 6 pages and should be saved as pdf or Ms. Word. No need of attaching other documents at this level.
• The single document attachment not to exceed 50kb.