24th July 2020
ABOUT REACH OUT MBUYA PARISH HIV/AIDS INITIATIVE;
Reach Out Mbuya (ROM) is a Faith-Based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), founded in 2001 to provide HIV/AIDS care to the urban poor living with HIV/AIDS. ROM aims to curb the further spread of HIV among the less privileged members of the community it serves and enable those already living with HIV/AIDS to live a responsible and dignified life. Offering a unique model of care, ROM holistically focuses on the body, mind, family, and community wellbeing.
The statements herein are a description of the general nature and level of work being performed or to be performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
|1. Job title||Nurse (1) Kasaala Luweero|
|Department/Section||Medical Support Department|
|Directly Reports to||Clinical Services Coordinator|
Main purpose of the job:
• To ensure and deliver of high quality and efficient clinical services to clients at Reach Out Kasaala ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies and administration of medicines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out weekly and emergency home visits & hospital visits.
- Provide information to clients to health education.
- Attend to clients and prescribe drugs where necessary.
- Participate in client referral and transfer process as need arises.
- Dispense drugs and other medical items to clients.
- Participate in HIV awareness and sensitization in the communities.
- Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans for the clinic.
- Participate in daily documentation of registers and updating visits in the Open EMRs.
- Participate in surge activities.
- Promote the vision, mission and values of Reach Out Mbuya as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation.
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably expected from your supervisor.
Academic qualifications required: Registered Nurse, Registered midwife, registered comprehensive Nurse/Midwife
Minimum experience required: Two years working experience in a reputable organization
Specialized knowledge required: National treatment guidelines, Counselling and Clinical skills, HIV/AIDS care and management
How to Apply:
- Send a cover letter and CV/resume with 3 professional referees as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00pm on 31st July 2020.
- Include title of the Job in email subject line.
- Both cover letter and CV/Resume must not exceed 6 pages and should be saved as pdf or Ms. Word. No need of attaching other documents at this level. The single document attachment not to exceed 50kb.