20th July 2020
ABOUT REACH OUT MBUYA PARISH HIV/AIDS INITIATIVE;
Reach Out Mbuya (ROM) is a Faith-Based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), founded in 2001 to provide HIV/AIDS care to the urban poor living with HIV/AIDS. ROM aims to curb the further spread of HIV among the less privileged members of the community it serves and enable those already living with HIV/AIDS to live a responsible and dignified life. Offering a unique model of care, ROM holistically focuses on the body, mind, family, and community wellbeing.
The statements herein are a description of the general nature and level of work being performed or to be performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
1. Job Title : Clinical Services Coordinator (l)
Directly Reports to: Medical Services Manager
Directly Supervises: Clinicians
Location: Reach Out Mbuya Parish HIV/AIDS Initiative Head Office Duration I -year renewable contract with 3-month initial probation
Engagement type: Full time
Main purpose of the job: To provide quality medical care and health education to ROM clients and to ensure smooth running of clinic activities.
Key Result Areas:
- Medical care provided
- Medical knowledge on HIV/AIDS care provided to Clinic staff
- Health workers trained
- Capacity building to nurses and clinical officers provided
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the drawing and implementation of medical clinic schedules, work plans and budget.
- Provide information to clients through health education and ensure client satisfaction.
- Participate in HIV/AIDS awareness and sensitizations in the communities.
- Head, document surge meetings and follow-up with staff for effective implementation.
- Ensure entries of backlogs into EMR is done timely and respond to data calls.
- Provide medical care to ROM clients and ensure all clients are optimized to correct regimens.
- Build capacity and -provide technical support to nurse clinicians and other health workers from communities and other institutions.
- Participate in drawing up of training schedules in consultation with the HR office and participate in CMEs/in house training for medical team in ROM.
- Work with the medical services manager and the different supervisors to contribute to revision and development of various clinical guidelines.
- Carry out weekly and emergency home visits and hospital visits
- Ensure timely appraisals of all the staff under supervision.
- Ensure 100% completion of the registers under clinic and prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual report writing for the department.
- Ensure health, safety and security in your area of operation.
- Any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS: Clinical Services Coordinator
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)
Minimum Experience and Exposure: 2 years in a similar post (preferably HIV/AIDS Setting)
- HIV/AIDS management and care
- Reach Out Mbuya and national health policies
- Basics of financial management
- Key Skills: Computer, coaching, interpersonal, supervisory skills, and training skills.
Other Qualities/Attributes: Innovative, resourceful, analytical, attention to detail, self-driven, good listener.
How to Apply:
- Send a cover letter and CV/resume with 3 professional referees as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00 pm on 31st July 2020.
Include title of Job in email subject line.
- Both cover letter and CV/Resume must not exceed 6 pages and should be saved as .pdf or Ms. Word. No need of attaching other documents at this level. The single document attachment not to exceed 50kb.