About Reach Out Mbuya HIV Initiative
Reach Out Mbuya (ROM) is a Faith-Based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), founded in 2001 to provide HIV/AIDS care to the urban poor living with HIV/AIDS. ROM aims to curb the further spread of HIV among the less privileged members of the community it serves and enable those already living with HIV/AIDS to live a responsible and dignified life. Offering a unique model of care, ROM holistically focuses on the body, mind, family, and community wellbeing.
The statements herein are a description of the general nature and level of work being performed or to be performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
1. Job Title Clinical Services Coordinator
Directly Reports toMedical Services Manager
Directly Supervises: Clinicians
Location: Reach Out Kasaala -Luwero
Duration : I-year renewable contract with 3-month initial probation
Engagement type: Full time
Main purpose of the job: To provide quality medical care and health education to ROM clients and to ensure smooth running of clinic activities.
Key Result Areas:
- Medical care provided
- Medical knowledge on HIV/AIDS care provided to Clinic staff
- Health workers trained
- Capacity building to nurses and clinical officers provided
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the drawing and implementation of medical clinic schedules, work plans and budget.
- Provide information to clients, aimed at reducing their vulnerability to AIDS and other HIV related diseases and infections through health education.
- Provide medical care to ROM clients and staff.
- Participate in HIV/AIDS awareness and sensitizations in the communities.
- Ensure 100% completion of the Registers under clinic.
- Head, document surge meetings and follow-up with staff for effective implementation.
- Ensure entries of backlogs into EMR is done timely.
- Ensure all clients in care are optimized to correct regimens.
- Ensure response to data calls on a timely manner.
- Build capacity of nurse clinicians and other health workers from communities and other institutions.
- Provide technical support to focal persons, clinical officers and nurses.
- Participate in drawing up of training schedules in consultation with the HR office.
- Monitor activities of medical staff at the clinic sites.
- Work with the medical services manager and the different supervisors to contribute to revision and development of various clinical guidelines.
- Participate in CMEs and in house training for medical team in ROM.
- Carry out weekly and emergency home visits and hospital visits.
- Ensure timely appraisals of all the staff under supervision.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual report writing for the department.
- Ensure client satisfaction.
- Replicate best practices,
- Participate in expansion of ROM revenue opportunities.
- Ensure health, safety and security in your area of operation.
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of ROM. 24. Any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS: Clinical Services Coordinator
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)
Minimum Experience and Exposure: 1 years in a similar post (preferably HIV/AIDS Setting)
- HIV/AIDS management and care
- R/O and national health policies
- Basics of financial management
- Routing, switching, networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP Key Skills
Computer, coaching, interpersonal, supervisory skills, and training skills.
Other Qualities/Attributes: Innovative, resourceful, analytical, attention to detail, self-driven, good listener
2. Job Title: Clinician
Directly reports to: Clinical Services Coordinator
Directly supervises :Nurses & midwife
Location :Reach Out Kasaala-Luwero
Duration:I-year renewable contract with 3-month initial probation
Engagement typeFull time
Main purpose of the job: To diagnose, treat and manage patients in Health Unit
- Participation in planning and budgeting;
- Patients diagnosed and treated;
- Health education conducted;
- Clinical service guidelines, procedures and standards adhered to
- Participation in research activities;
- Participation in continuous professional development activities
- Staff appraisal performed.
- Periodic reports submitted
- Participating in planning and developing of budget for clinical work;
- Diagnosing, treating and managing patients;
- Drawing of work schedules for allocation of staff duties
- Conducting health education to patients;
- Coordinate all research activities in the clinic department.
- Updating and implementing of clinical standard procedures
- Drawing up schedules for continuous professional development activities in the clinic.
- Perform staff appraisals and progressive assessments
- Clinical equipment’s are maintained in its functionality.
- Submission of monthly reports
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS: Clinical Officer
Minimum qualifications: Must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or its equivalent from a recognized Institution, must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
Minimum experience and exposure: Must have served for at least three (3) years as a senior Health Worker.
Key skills: Planning, organizing and coordinating, Concern for quality and standards,
Communication & Team Player, Ethics and integrity.
2. Job Title Guest house supervisor
Department/Section Community Support
Directly Reports to Community Coordinator
Directly Supervises: House keeper
Duration: I-year renewable contract with 3-month initial probation
Engagement type: Full time
Main purpose of the job: To market ROM guest house ensure that the quality service is offered to the clients while maintaining the image of the ROM.
Key Result Areas
- Guest house managed and marketed
- Quality services offered to guest house clients and ROM image maintained
Duties and responsibilities
- Marketing of Reach Out Mbuya Guest house.
- Plan and budget for guest house.
- Ensure competitive prices for the services offered at the guest house.
- Prepare quotations for the customers for the ROM guest house
- Ensure proper Inventory management for the guest house.
- Prepare monthly financial report for the guest house.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation.
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of Reach Out as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Any other duty assigned by the Immediate supervisor.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS: Guest House Supervisor
Minimum qualifications: Diploma in Administration & Management, Hospitality management & marketing.
Minimum experience and exposure: 1 year experience in hospitality/guest house management
Key skills: Communication, Interpersonal, planning, marketing skills.
How to Apply:
- Send a cover letter and CV/resume with 3 professional referees as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00pm on 18th November 2019.
- Include title of Job in email subject line.
- Both cover letter and CV/Resume must not exceed 6 pages and should be saved as .pdf or Ms. Word. No need of attaching other documents at this level. The single document attachment not to exceed 50kb.