23rd February, 2021
About Reach Out Mbuya Community Health Initiative
Reach Out Mbuya (ROM) is a Faith-Based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), founded in 2001 to provide HIV/AIDS care to the urban poor living with HIV/AIDS through a holistic approach that takes care of the whole person, including the needs of the body, mind, family and community. ROM health care programs include HIV Care Continuum Management, maternal and child health care, OVC case management and Non-communicable diseases management. In addition, community economic empowerment, Gender-Based Violence prevention plus learning and development through cutting-edge research to support the holistic model of intervention.
The statements herein are a description of the general nature and level of work being performed or to be performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Job Title: Laboratory Assistant (1)
Duty Station: ROM Head Office Mbuya
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor
Duration: 1-year renewable contract with 3-month initial probation
Engagement type: Full time
Start Date: Not later than 15th March, 2021.
Position overview: To support in the provision laboratory services at all sites while ensuring resources are planned for and implemented in accordance with set quality policies and standards.
Key Result Areas
- Laboratory investigations on clients carried out
- Laboratory reagents prepared.
- Laboratory reports data collected.
- Well prepared samples for testing
- Laboratory findings well documented.
- All laboratory Equipment’s sterilized and cleaned.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare samples for testing, classify, label, clean and sterilize equipment and work area.
- Participate in preparation of laboratory reagents use.
- Monitor usage of laboratory supplies, carryout daily consumption logs of laboratory kits and monthly physical stock count.
- Maintain all laboratory records and comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
- Keep abreast with the latest laboratory knowledge trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Collect and prepare research information needed for studies.
- Participate in CME, health talks and organisational meetings as required.
- Participate in collection of laboratory dates needed for monthly reports.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation, and promote the vision, mission and the values of Reach Out Mbuya.
- Any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
PERSONNEL SPECIFICATIONS:Laboratory Assistant
Academic Qualifications Required: Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology.
Other Job-related Training Required
- Equipment maintenance
- Stock control
- Computer skills
Minimum Experience: 1year in a similar position.
Specialised Knowledge Required: HIV/AIDS, National guidelines, Lab investigations and procedures.
Key Skills Required
- Computer skills
- Team building skills
- Counselling skills
Other Necessary Qualities/Attributes
How to Apply:
• Send a cover letter and CV/resume with 3 professional referees as one document to email@example.com not later than 5.00 p.m. Wednesday, 3rd March 2021.
• Include title of Job in email subject line.
• Both cover letter and CV/Resume must not exceed 6 pages and should be saved as pdf or Ms. Word. No need of attaching other documents at this level.
• The single document attachment not to exceed 50kb.